Fear Forest is a personal project for Tuesday Night Games. It is 3D open-world game created with a given theme “fear”. It tells the story of Ima, a young member of the Kumu tribe. As part of the rite of passage to maturity, Ima must go to the heart of the Fear Forest in the middle of the night to uncover the secret behind courage.
This game was demoed at San Francisco Demo & Play Night at Microsoft Reactor, on March 2017. And it will be demoed at SPRING PLAY: San Francisco Game Expo.
As the solo developer, I designed and implemented:
- Gameplay system and game flow
- Procedurally generated 3D maps
- Quest system
- Navigation system
- Sound and voice over management
- WebGL optimisation
- All the art assets
I also did:
- A lot of playtests
- At least 11 iterations. All documented on GitHub
- A public presentation at Microsoft Reactor, San Francisco, about the iterations of this game and how I created a game every week